Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Laziness and Procrastination

I still have not uploaded the girlpictures of this summer that the older girl cousins of our family take every year. Usually, by now, one of us would have posted them up already. But, we're all lazy to scan them. They're nice too. Jeez.

But anywho, I should have time now that James is on vacation and Lito is leaving this Friday. Summer has been very busy. Today, we went to Monterey. Boy, is love in the air over there at the aquarium. We were able to see starfish and penguins in the act of reproduction today. While the penguins were just entertaining, the starfish were actually quite passionate. They were intertwined, stuck together, and staying together despite that waves crashing on them. Beautiful. If only the significant other could have been there.

My sister has also turned 21 since the last time you heard from me. Not only a big step for her, but a big step for my parents as well. They are learning, though very slow I might add, but they are learning how to let go. They actually let my sister get drunk on her birthday. WOW. Now, to most, that shouldn't be an action to be surprised about. But, if you know my parents, your jaw has probably dropped reading that. To the left is all the alcohol they actually bought themselves. Yes, that is 151. They didn't know how bad that was though. They bought it simply because it was in the recipe for some Caribou Lou. Haha. To the right, four out of five of the girls who take the cousin pictures. The one on the very left is the new 21 year old, herself. BEFORE she passed out.

Now, the only BIG things left for summer include the Jason Reeves and Jon McLaughlin concert with James. Also, the Philippines with my family. After that, it's off to Saint Mary's to become a Nurse! It gets more and more exciting, and more and more frightening at the same time.

Oh, what a feeling.

You know me and my need to throw out my current music and books:
Listen to Jason Reeves
Read The Host

No comments: