Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bad turned good.

Yesterday was a sad day. James left to go to the Philippines. But, looking back, there are a lot of good things that happened.

1. I got to spend quality time with James` mom and sisters. I love them to death. And, not to toot my own horn, but by the looks of it they love me as well. I think the relationship that I have with James' mom is probably one that most would kill for. She's younger than most moms so while she is motherly, I am still able to talk to her and tell her things that would be a little uncomfortable with my mom. I love how she's always talking about the "wedding" and how she's gonna help him find the perfect ring. Of course, it is in a joking manner, but by the look in her eyes, there is some seriousness to it. She's always making sure James isn't making me cry, and always trying to buy me things. She gives the best presents, but with or without `em, I`d still be as close to her as I am now.

James' sisters are the best tooo! They're always asking to go to my house, or they always want me to take them out. Micayla, the oldest little sister always tells me to buy clothes for her that look just like mine! It's very flattering actually. They don't have a big sister, so I like that I can be there for them. In fact that's one of the reasons why I adore my relationship with James so much. We're both very family oriented, my family loves him, his family loves me, and our families love each other! I love that. The fact that our families already get along. Our moms can hold hour long conversations, and I think that's so cute.

2. I also had a really nice, albeit sad, talk with someone. I totally understand where this person is coming from, how this person feels, and it was nice to share my experience in hopes of enlightening this person's mind, and helping this person out. It felt good just being a friendly ear for listening. No expectations, just really and honestly listening. It's a horrible situation, but it formed a bond, I think, and that's really good.

3. James being away, always makes me reevaluate our relationship, and it always ends up being for the better. In this case, distance is making my heart grow fonder. Being together for 5 years, and always being at each other's side, makes it hard to fully encompass and appreciate what that person and the fact that they are always there, means to you. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being with him every second of everyday, but it doesn't always allow me to think about what he truly means to me because we are always together. And yesterday, after he left, I was reading thrrough his cute email that he sent me before he took off, and in my reply, I was able to spill my heart in a different way, coming to conclusions that, I think, now in our relationship, are more apparent than ever. No more naivety, no more immaturity, but true and honest contemplations. We have grown up together, and we're not young anymore. It was a good epiphany. And it's exciting how much FEELING I have about us.

4. James being gone allows me to spend more time cleaning my room! Haha, and to study for my damn TEAS test.

Anywho, tomorrow I am spending the whole day with my bestest friend forever and ever since 1st grade, Junella. :) Excited? Duh.

That is all.

_ _ _ _ _

Current Read : Sarah Dessen - Lock and Key
Current Music : The Starting Line - Lasting Impressions
Current Addiction : Pet Society!

No comments: